Fresh Faces | Smart Shacks | Building Centre Goes Glossy
Building Centre Newsletter – March 2019
New Information Officers at the Building Centre
To ensure that the high standards of the Building Centre are maintained, we have hired two new information officers, namely, Sunell Mostert a qualified Interior Decorator and Kayla Gailey a qualified Interior Designer. Both of whom have a keen interest and knowledgeable background of the building and design industry which will enhance the visitors experience and help us promote your products. We are now in the process of hiring another qualified Interior Designer to join our team.
Exciting New Partnerships with the IID
The African Institute of Interior Design Professionals (IID) have partnered with the Building Centre to host events and offer IID accredited points at our weekly architectural talks. In addition, these accredited talks are being promoted on various platforms such as the IID Website and Interior Placement pages. As part of our ongoing initiative to raise awareness for the Building Centre, we will continue our efforts to strengthen relationships with industry professionals/organisations.
The Better Living Challenge
The Building Centre is hosting the ‘Better Living Challenge’, funded by the Western Cape Government, which aims to improve the living conditions of low-income communities by offering training to small scale builders / dwellers on ways to improve the quality and resilience of informal housing. This has created an exciting ambience at the Building Centre, drawing clients from all walks of life to engage with the project.
Student Visits to the Building Centre
On the 18th of March, 60 Civil Engineering students from UCT paid their annual visit to the Building Centre. We would like to thank the following exhibitors for sponsoring gift bags for the visit: Van Dyck; Franke; NuMill Marketing; AC Screens & Shutters and Everite.
Feature in the ‘Home Owner’ Magazine
The Building Centre was featured in the Cape Town Design District Guide of the Home Owners Magazine (January 2019 issue, pg. 159).
“Northgate Estate, a key landmark for building, renovation and lifestyle. Boasting more than 150 tenants, Northgate Estate offers a huge variety of home-related products and services – all within a safe, secure enclave. Located at the intersection of the N1 and M5 highways, the estate is easily accessible to both the northern and southern suburbs.”
Events calendar – Coming soon!!
- Better Living Challenge (Month of March)
- Bluescope CPD Talk (20 March)
- Van Dyck CPD Talk (27th March)
- SAWLFA – Southern African Wood, Laminate and Flooring Association (27th March)
- WCPDF – Western Cape Property Development Forum (9th April)
- Maskam CPD Talk (10th April)
Events calendar – Coming soon!!
- UCT Civil Engineering 2nd Year student visit (18th March)
- Trellidor (18th March)
- Van Dyck 70th Birthday Lunch (14th March)
- WCPDF – Western Cape Property Development Forum (12th March)
- Coverland CPD Talk (12th March)
- New Look Windows CPD Talk (6th March)
- Paintsmiths AGM (27th February)
- Waymore Group Meeting (28th February)
- Lunawood Presentation (25th February)
- Cape Lime CPD Talk (12th February)
- Swartland Meeting (8th February)
- Eco Smart Meeting (7th February)
- Easylife Kitchens Launch (5th February)
- Maskam Training (4th – 6th February)
- Caesarstone (1st February)
- Corobrik (1st February)
- WCPDF – Western Cape Property Development Forum (12th February)
- Easygrasse Meeting (30th January)
- TIC Bathrooms Meeting (29th January)
- Better Living Challenge Introduction Meeting (17th January)
- City of Cape Town Planning Department Meeting (10th January)
The Building Centre Team
The Building Centre Exhibition
Open 7 days a week, Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm, Sat-Sun 10am to 3pm
Platinum Drive, Northgate Estate, Ysterplaat, Cape Town, 7405
www.thebuildingcentre.co.za 021 510 4000