To promote excellence in the practice of interior design; to improve the profession; to protect the rights of its members, to grow the organisation and to expand the contribution of the profession to society.
The objectives of the Institute are to promote, establish and maintain:
- Recognition of the professional status of its members in the interior decorating, interior design and interior architecture sectors.
- To improve the standards of interior decorating, interior design and interior architecture, its education and practice.
- To facilitate communication between members and industry in the local and international arena.
- To develop and foster international collaboration through IFI’s members countries.
- To implement a Code of Professional Conduct applicable to practising members.
- To promote the economic benefits and general awareness of good design to government, industry and commerce at all levels.